BRHS provide the public with access to both their medical records and those of their relatives as required under the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
Requests for information may include:
- Copies of medical records
- Summaries of medical records
- Time of Birth
All requests must be received in writing and the applicable form can be downloaded below.
Charges associated with requests include:
- Standard Application Fee – $28.40
- Photocopying – 20 cents per A4 page
- Supervision (enabling you to view your record rather than receive a printed copy) – $5 per quarter hour or part thereof
The standard application fee may be waived for applicants who can provide a photocopy of their certified Social Security card (ie. Pension or Healthcare card). This is not applicable for Time of Birth requests
As required under the Freedom of Information Act, requests will receive attention as soon as possible but not later than 30 days.