BRHS has maintained its commitment towards improving Aboriginal health, employment and training outcomes to ‘Close the Gap’ in disparity with the non-Aboriginal population.
Our current Aboriginal employment initiatives and goals are outlined in the brhs-aboriginal-employment-plan
This Plan follows on from previous successful Aboriginal employment initiatives at BRHS including Yangan Nalu (2009) and our BRHS Aboriginal Employment Plan 2012-2015.
BRHS aims to increase our level of Aboriginal Employment through a range of measures including:
- Continuing and building on our Aboriginal and mainstream trainee programs
- Engaging with prospective job and training candidates in the local Aboriginal community including through local job network providers and employment programs
- Fostering a continued increase of mainstream applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- Exploring funding options and opportunities for other employment and training schemes including work experience, vocational and tertiary student placements, cadetships, graduate and intern programs
- Building supervision and mentoring capacity and BRHS
- Developing and embedding Cultural Awareness training
- Supporting career development and training opportunities of our current Aboriginal workforce
- Continued participation in conferences, workshops and other stakeholder engagement relevant to Aboriginal training and employment.
How to apply:
Indigenous employment opportunities are advertised on our vacancies page
For more information regarding the BRHS Aboriginal Employment Plan please contact People and Culture on (03)5150 3637