Hospital in the Home is a program which enables people with specific illnesses to have part or all of their treatment at home rather than in a hospital.
- To provide an alternative to inpatient care if you are clinically stable and meet certain criteria.
- To provide an accessible and good quality health care service to you.
You can use this service if
- Your condition is stable.
- You feel comfortable with the idea of treatment at home and have support if required.
- You have an understanding of the treatment plan so you can respond to changes in your condition at home.
- You agree to follow the advice of the nurses and doctors who are responsible for your care and treatment at home.
- Your home environment is safe for visiting staff.
Nurse Unit Manager - District Nursing