The vast majority of people in our community over the age of 65 have driven a car for most of their adult lives, and expect to keep doing so for some time.
But it is also true that general mobility and driving skills deteriorate at different rates as a result of many factors, including age.
And so BRHS is partnering on a local information session to promote older driver road safety.
A free Older Driver Road Safety Information Session will be held in Paynesville on June 11.
You must register to take part. RSVP by June 7 by calling 5153 9500.
Here’s all the info.
When: Tuesday, June 11, 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Venue: Men’s Shed & RSL – 57 Main Street, Paynesville
This free older driver information session will cover:
- The importance of being fit to drive
- VicRoads Medical Review
- Driving and road safety tips for drivers and pedestrians
- The impact of health and medications on driving
- How to assess your own driving ability
- Information about alternative transport options
- How to plan for future mobility
Morning tea and light lunch provided. Bookings are essential. RSVP by June 7