The Medical Imaging team provide a range medical imaging services on site at BRHS including
- General radiography including head, dental, chest abdomen, spinal and extremity x-rays,
- Fluoroscopic screening including barium studies, hysterosalpingogram, cystogram and urethrogram
- Mammography including Breastscreen
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Bone mineral densitometry
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Interventional Radiology
BRHS medical imaging does not provide nuclear medicine treatments.
All medical imaging appointments require GP or specialist referral. Be sure to check with your doctor/specialist if any preparation such as fasting is required prior to your procedure and we remind you to bring your medicare / pensioner / healthcare cards on the day of the appointment.
To make an appointment, contact the Medical Imaging Department Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. on 03 5150 3470
Have you booked a BreastScreen appointment recently?
This animated video from BreastScreen Victoria explains how to make a breast screening appointment, what happens during a breast screen, and receiving your results.